Ashfield Council Buildings
The next GreenWay Steering Committee Meeting on June 2nd at Ashfield Council Chambers will be be followed by a community consultation.
From 5.30 to 7.30 on Monday 2nd June we will brainstorm ideas on how to progress the GreenWay. One of the original planning documents from 2009 has been discovered, and we are pleased to see that many of the original GreenWay objectives have been achieved – but we need fresh ideas on how to maintain momentum.
To make the whole of the GreenWay vision a reality, we need your ideas, so please join us for this important event. Food and drink will be provided and there is parking available.
Meet like-minded people and learn how together we can make the GreenWay a vibrant walking and cycling connection, community meeting space and wildlife habitat. We’ll also make the GreenWay more visible by putting up some signs, ribbons and flyers.
The ArtCycle group will be co-hosting this event with Friends – thanks for ArtCycle for coming on board!
When: Sunday, February 26, starting at 10.30am
Where: Meet near the east side of the bayrun footbridge at the bottom of Lilyfield Rd, Lilyfield and ends at Marrickville golf club approximately 90 minutes-2 hours later.
If you want to come along, please email email@example.com or confirm your attendance at our MeetUp page so we can plan for numbers. Read more important details about the event in this flyer.
PLEASE NOTE: ARTcycle Inc is affiliated with BicycleNSW. This is an organised Bicycle User Group event, conditions apply. No helmet no ride. Bikes must be in good working order and riders will follow the direction of ride leaders and obey road rules at all times. Please read the disclaimer for participating here. The Friends of the GreenWay accepts no liability for any incidents on the ride. We urge all riders to have their own personal accident and liability insurance, such as through the scheme organised by BicycleNSW http://www.bicyclensw.org.au/content/membership
We’re getting very close to the 10,000 petition signature target, to force a debate on the GreenWay issue in NSW Parliament. To help us work out how many more signatures we need, please send any partially or fully completed petition forms to Friends of the GreenWay, 63 Abergeldie St, Dulwich Hill, 2203, as soon as possible. The petitions can’t be scanned and emailed – they need to be sent in hard copy.
Additionally, we are keen for any volunteers to assist with gathering petition signatures at Australia Day events. If you think you might be able to help in this regard, please contact Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual General Meeting – 13th December
When: 7.30pm Tuesday 13 December 2011
Where: Seaview Street Hall, 12-14 Seaview Street, Dulwich Hill
We will reflect on a tough year and plan how we will build on our momentum to save the GreenWay in 2012. We will also set the membership fees for this year and elect a new committee.
Nominations for convenor, secretary, treasurer and up to 7 other committee members should be lodged by email with Secretary Greg at email@example.com or at the meeting.
There is no doubt 2012 will be a crucial year for the GreenWay so please consider putting up your hand for the committee. The GreenWay needs you this year more than any.
Some things you can do make the GreenWay happen:
- Send a letter or email to the Minister and Premier. Every letter makes a difference; you can write our own letter – telling the Minister this really matters to you, you care about open space, urban bush, being active and healthy, a sustainable future for our kids and our city. We want our public money spent on real public goods like this.
- Join our email list to keep up to date and what you can do to help make the GreenWay a reality.
- Sign the petition. We need 10,000 to call for a debate in Parliament we need your help to get there. Download a petition sign, and ask 9 other people to sign then send it to Friends of the GreenWay at 63 Abergeldie Street, Dulwich Hill 2203.
- Send us an email of an idea of what we can all do to save the GreenWay.
- Spread the word to your friends and family!
- Join up with FoG as a volunteers – send us an emial if you can help with stalls, handing out leaflets, putting up posters, getting petitions signed
- Join our committee – we would love some fresh blood to take us on the next wave of the campaign. Contact us if you want to join committee.
- Keep an eye out for our next community action on the Greenway in the new year.